Tuesday, November 19, 2013

National Seed Beading Month

Beading Daily has declared November National Seed Beading Month. It's their take on the National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo, a challenge to all writers to write 50,000 words by the end of the month. National Seed Beading Month is a challenge for all Beaders is to finish off any projects you have started or to start tackling that long to-bead list you've been meaning to get to.  Break out those seed beads and get beading!



How many times have you walked away from a project due to over thinking it? Well, we think it's time you came back. Come back into your creative space with fresh eyes. I love this idea. I know I have bought numerous beads and when I bought them I didn't know what I wanted to do with them. Here is the chance to push my creative limits.

This challenge comes at a great time, the holidays. Of course, by now you have been beading furiously all year and all of your Holiday presents are done, wrapped and mailed right? I know mine are...not. Not even close. I promise myself every year that I will not wait until crunch time, and yet I do. Crunch time for me happens right after Thanksgiving. Everyone around me launches into a gift buying frenzy as I hunker down at my beading table. Hopefully this year I can begin a little early or at least as early as the week before Thanksgiving.

Do you have something that you haven't finished because you don't have all the ingredients? Get them now and finish up that project. Sometimes it helps to dust off an old box and rediscover beads you forgot you had. Who knows, you might find something and say, "Aunt Jo would love this!" Holiday mission accomplished.

Get inspired by our pages and pages of free beading projects and don't forget to share your progress and feedback with us here on this blog. We are always so interested to see what you are doing. Just reply below and share as your works in progress turn into finished projects.

Because isn't it amazing when all this...




Becomes this!



For more on the National Seed Beading Month, see the Beading Daily Blog.

-Kat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit Beadaholique

Current Sale at beadaholique

Bookmark and Share