Monday, November 25, 2013

Featured Brand for the Month: Vintaj Week Four

For our final week highlighting Vintaj, let's take a look at one of their more popular components - Filigree! Vintaj is well known for their detailed filigree stampings. They are so beautifully ornate and are sure to add a special touch to any piece of jewelry you create.

I personally love the look of filigree stampings in my jewelry and I especially enjoy using all the different finishes and styles Vintaj has to offer. Incorporating them into your pieces can give your jewelry a lovely vintage-inspired look. You can use them as is or hang other components from them to create striking necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. You can also use filigree to wrap stones and flatback cabochons to create truly unique pieces. Below are the Featured Project and Video for this week.

Featured Project: Victorian Jewel Necklace by Kathy Mannix



Victorian Jewel Necklace by Kathy Mannix


Kathy's necklace, Victorian Jewel, is a wonderful example of how filigree stampings can add a unique, vintage look to your handmade jewelry. The gorgeous Vintaj Natural Brass Garden Trellis filigree stamping and Natural Brass Circle Filigree pendant link are embellished with a SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS Crystal rivoli and a few Crystal rhinestone flatbacks for some added shine. This piece is very synonymous with the Vintaj brand and a wonderful example of how their filigree stampings can change the look of a simple necklace, transforming it into a statement piece.

Featured Video: How to Apply Gilder's Paste

In this video, you will learn how to apply Gilder's Paste onto your filigree stampings for added highlights. Check out the video below.







Take a look at our Designer Picks for Vintaj's line of filigree:


 Julie: 

 I love the Vintaj Natural Brass Ornate Orchid Filigree Stamping because of its distinct Deco feel and its versatility. You can keep the filigree as is or you can bend and wrap it around a found object or bead. One of my favorite projects with the piece is the Roaring 20's Hair Pin Set.


Megan:

This Artisan Pewter Framed Scrollwork Stamping Pendant is such a pretty piece.  I love the possibilities it presents, and can imagine numerous ways to use it.  I love the idea of framing a mixed media piece with it, and the artisan pewter looks so beautiful with the Vintaj patinas too.





 
Kat:

There is something very unique about this Natural Brass Nouveau Scrolled Ornate Corner Embellishment.  I think this could be a really interesting piece to combine with one of the Vintaj blanks and perhaps used for a scrapbook or craft.  Also if you use the Vintaj Relief Block on this one, it can really bring out the beautiful scroll work.




Karlin: 

I think the detail and look of this Vintaj Brass Etruscan Swirl Filigree Stamping is so pretty. I think it would look gorgeous placed on a bracelet cuff or on a vintage-inspired headband, with a touch of patina. It's ornate and looks like it belongs in an old antique shop. I love it!


We hope you enjoyed exploring Vintaj, November's featured Brand of the Month! We will be continuing our Brand of the Month in January. Stay tuned to see which brand is up next!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit Beadaholique

Current Sale at beadaholique

Bookmark and Share