I traveled to Paris for the first time when I was 18 and instantly fell in love with the city, her people, and the abundance of art. If I could describe my perfect day, it would be spent strolling along a sidewalk within Marche Vanves (a fantastic Paris flea market) on a warm Sunday morning. I would then take the Metro over to the fabric markets at the base of Sacre Coeur, followed by an evening at a little cafe with a glass of wine, some dinner with a scrumptious sauce, and chocolate mousse for dessert. Everything about Paris inspires me: the architecture, food, markets, sounds, scents, and of course the art. I simply can not get enough of this amazing city and it influences many of the jewelry pieces I create.
Just by looking around Paris you will see examples of Neoclassicism, Rococo, and Baroque design. Doorways, balconies, and even the Metro signs are fantastic examples of Art Nouveau's flowing and organic style. Lamp posts, park benches and doorknobs scream their Art Deco roots. Paris also hosts some of the world's most amazing museums, containing a wealth of inspiration.
Thankfully, with all the resources of the modern era, even those of us not living in Paris can be inspired by it. A simple Google Images search for Paris will pull up spectacular pictures. For even more fun, type an address in Paris into Google Maps and click on "street view." Then enjoy a virtual stroll down the street. I will admit that I have done this on more then one occasion when needing a burst of inspiration.
Once you feel fully immersed in what "Paris" means to you, you can translate that to your jewelry. To me, when I close my eyes and think of Paris, the images of faded sepia-toned love letters, brass Eiffel towers, black and gold fleur de lis', and crystal chandeliers comes to mind. For you it might be the blue and yellow French Provencal fabric patterns, toile, and big bouquets of messy wildflowers. It can be anything you want it to be and that is what makes Paris so special.
Below are a few of our free jewelry designs that were inspired by the beauty of Paris. You can easily make these yourself, or use them as springboards for your own designs.
Once you feel fully immersed in what "Paris" means to you, you can translate that to your jewelry. To me, when I close my eyes and think of Paris, the images of faded sepia-toned love letters, brass Eiffel towers, black and gold fleur de lis', and crystal chandeliers comes to mind. For you it might be the blue and yellow French Provencal fabric patterns, toile, and big bouquets of messy wildflowers. It can be anything you want it to be and that is what makes Paris so special.
Below are a few of our free jewelry designs that were inspired by the beauty of Paris. You can easily make these yourself, or use them as springboards for your own designs.
- Julie









0 comments:
Post a Comment