Friday, May 13, 2011

Chain Maille Madness

Chain Maille fever has struck the Beadaholique crew and is quickly spreading through the ranks.


 
It all started when Beadalon came out with a new line of jump rings made specifically for popular chain maille weaves.   Available in 4 different finishes, and tons of sizes, these jump rings take a lot of the guesswork out of chain maille, and are ideal for use by beginners. 

Fig, our customer service guru, who has been doing metal work for years, immediately started experimenting with the products and our new Chain Maille Instruction booklets. He willingly gave advice and critiques to anybody who asked. 


 

 
Esther's European 4-in-1


Then Esther made an amazing European 4-in-1 bracelet using black links and brought it to work.  Andrea took up the challenge, and worked steadily every evening on a Dragonscale cuff. I wasn't far behind, and started working my way through all the weaves in the booklets.







Matthew's Byzantine and Full Persian. 





Soon Fig, Esther, Matthew, Andrea, and I were all bringing in chain maille projects that we were working on.   Discussions of weaves, aspect ratios, inner diameters and all things chain maille are now regularly heard in every corner of the office.




Andrea's Dragonscale Cuff







Chain Maille is an addictive art form and one we are all still working on mastering new weaves.   So don't be surprised when new Beadaholique how-to videos on Chain Maille start appearing!


-Julie


2 comments:

Unknown said...

They look amazing, I especially love the dragonscale, I have had a quick go and doing some chain maille, but have yet to master it. Well done

Anonymous said...

Wow, they look so great.Wonderful stuff.I love it.Lovely jewelries.Choose luxury jewelry boxes to protect such jewelries.

Post a Comment

Visit Beadaholique

Current Sale at beadaholique

Bookmark and Share