Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Featured Brand of the Month: Regaliz - Week Four

It's been fun spending the last 3 weeks exploring the Regaliz brand and all the nifty components they offer. Making a customizable bracelet is both fast and easy by using the perfectly sized and matching cord, beads, and clasps. But, and you knew there had to be a but, as jewelry designers we often like to walk off the beaten path and find our own way. For this last week of our brand of the month spotlight, I want to highlight some other products that you can use with Regaliz to create a unique and varied look to your design.

Seed Beads: Create sliders for your Regaliz bracelet out of seed beads. Try stitching a piece of peyote or right angle weave, both of these are easy to "zip up" and create a tube. This technique looks particularly nice with the Regaliz Corduroy Rubber.

TierraCast: We have been fans of TierraCast for years and were thrilled when they came out with their new rivetable line. These components work great with the Flat Cork Cord.

Cup Chain: Add some glam to your Regaliz design by adding rhinestone cup chain. You can wire wrap the cup chain in place, use a soft textile to wrap around it, or even use the new Super Glue to hold it where you want it.

Featured Project:  This week's featured project is Megan's Neon Peyote Regaliz Bracelet. A fun neon chevron patterned piece of bead weaving makes an eye catching slider for this Regaliz Corduroy Rubber Cord bracelet.


Featured Video: In this video, guest Designer Tracy Gonzales from TierraCast shows us how to use the TierraCast rivet setters to set compression rivets.





Designer Picks:

Megan:

Generally, when I see a new product in jewelry making, one of the first things I think about is how I could incorporate seed beads into a design with it.  The Regaliz line was no exception, and I had to sit down right away and make a bead woven slider bead for the corduroy rubber cord. 



Kat:

When I saw the TierraCast rivetables, I instantly wanted to incorporate them into my Regaliz projects.  I especially like the rivetable glue in cup beads.  You can add a pop of bling and color to the Regaliz flat cork cord by adding your favorite crystal flatback rhinestones.





Karlin:

I really like this antiqued pewter double round cap compression rivet set from TierraCast. These rivets are brass plated and have an antiqued pewter finish, which I think can look really cool with just about any color of Regaliz cork cord. They're simple, but will also add a bit of edge to your bracelets.






We hope you enjoyed learning more about our featured Brand of the Month, Regaliz! Make sure to take a look at our Regaliz Product Guide for more inspirational projects and instructional videos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit Beadaholique

Current Sale at beadaholique

Bookmark and Share