Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Beading Table Wednesday: 02/13/13

Megan's Table

Mixed media is maybe one of the techniques that I use least - but that isn't because I don't enjoy it.  I'm just a little less familiar with this area of design, so it's not one of my default directions to go in.  But this week, I've jumped head-first into some fun mixed media projects, and I'm having a blast!  I've been working with collage art, Diamond Glaze, glass cabochons and buttons, and Crystal Clay.  Have you tried using these products in your mixed media projects?  What's your favorite?

Julie's Table

Glitter! I must admit that I love to play with glitter and had a blast doing some experiments this week on how it would react in resin. I am known around Beadaholique as the “resin expert” and people come to me with questions about it all the time. I created a bunch of gem shaped resin pieces using a resin mold and then sprinkled glitter on the surface of some while others I mixed it into the resin before pouring. I tried all different shapes and cuts of glitter to see how they would react in the resin - some sank, some floated, all looked really cool! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit Beadaholique

Current Sale at beadaholique

Bookmark and Share