Wednesday, April 18, 2012

BTW: Beading Table Wednesday 4/18/12

Julie's Table 

My addiction to Kumihimo continues this week, this time I am trying to master a flat 10-warp braid on a square Kumihimo disk. I must admit that this was not as "zen" like to me as the round braid to start with, but then once I finally "saw" the pattern, I was again hooked! If you are learning this technique, be patient and at some point everything will click and it becomes oh so fun! 

Megan's Table 

Well, it took a little while, but I've finally caught the chain maille bug! I've never tried my hand at chain maille before, and I think I'm addicted. I played around with a few of the basic patterns and then decided that I absolutely had to master the dragonscale! It was quite a challenge, but I must say, the results are worth the painstakingly slow progress. What a beautiful piece - even if it is only two inches long so far. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Stay tuned for a dragonscale video tutorial!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit Beadaholique

Current Sale at beadaholique

Bookmark and Share